Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Real Hero

It's really easy to get down on kids these days. It seems like all you hear about in the news are the bad ones, the "gang bangers", disrespectful kids, juvenile delinquents. Call them what you want. When I see kids that I know are a problem, I often wonder how they got that way. Do they treat their parents badly, do they care about their siblings or their grandparents? What happened to make them so angry? I used to work at a high school and I saw students with a terrible home life who turned out great. Others had everything they could ever want and they were dropouts by the time they were juniors. I know there is no rhyme or reason sometimes for their behavior.

Then you read something like this, and you have hope for the future again.

Bravo, Kaleb Eulls!!! Your family must be so proud of you. I don't know many adults, let alone a teenager, who would have done what you did.

After reading the article, I know that Kaleb doesn't consider himself a hero, but he is. I'm sure also, that he doesn't feel that he deserves any type of recognition or medal, but he does. President Obama needs to hear about this fine young man!!!

5 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Java said...

Bravo Kaleb.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that was a very cool story -- thanks for the link Miss Jean. I was sad to see that there wasn't any mention of bestowing honors on him -- I hope someone will!

ChaChaneen said...

Yahoo, great story! Thanks for sharing Jean!

The Green Pea said...

Kaleb took action and it paid off for everyone. It is to bad that young kids have to experience events like someone pointing a gun at them. Have a nice 3 day weekend. Sandi

Dawn said...

A true hero. I'm sure he will get recognition for his actions. Not many people could keep their wits about them in that circumstance. Especially someone so young.

I so enjoyed our girls day out Jean. It was such a pleasure to meet you! For some reason I keep hearing Trace Adkins songs in my head!
Dawn