Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sans Camera


Hey Bloggers out there! I need to know that I'm not the only blogger out there that has missed a great camera shot and a great blogging opportunity because I left the house without my camera!

We live in a rural area that is quickly becoming filled with housing tracks and mini strip malls. It's not unusual to drive by a fast food restaurant and a half mile down the road come upon a working farm. Yesterday Sweety and I were on our way into Modesto to do some shopping and went via a little town called Riverbank. Riverbank has been experiencing some growing pains of late. Rather than remaining the sleepy little town that it has been for years, it filling up with new houses and shopping malls. However, you can still find lots of examples of "the country" and the way things used to be.

One of the roads we traveled on was a prime example of this. It used to be a rather quiet road with not much traffic. Not anymore. It's very well travelled. New houses right up against older, smaller, mini farms. I glanced over and saw a young teenage girl outside her house. Typical for her age, she had a phone stuck in her ear and was attempting to feed the families herd of goats while she talked. Trouble is, she forgot to close the gate. As I passed, I looked in the rear view mirror to see the goats happily crossing the road to get to the greener grass on the other side. Talk about hilarious! Talk about a photo op! Talk about a missed posting opportunity!

I'd like to hear from you about what camera shots you have missed. We're going into town again today and I'm taking my camera with me this time!

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, so sad! But your description said it all. I read an article once about missed camera shots and it said to do just what you did when you put all your photos into an album. Leave a space and write words describing the missed shot and you'll always have an image to cherish.

My most prominent missed camera shot was when my oldest graduated from college. I had the camera on him as he came through the crowd (and the shots were awful 'cause he was moving). After he passed me, I glanced through the crowd to see his father's very proud face. I SO wish I'd had my camera on his father -- it was an image I'll never forget. I want to remember to take pictures of the people who love the star of the event -- everyone else has their camera on the star, so there will be plenty of pictures of them!

the voice of melody said...

Poor girl, I hope she was able to get the goats back home safe and sound!

Since I'm new at this blogging thing, I never think of taking my camera with me. But after reading your post, I think I might do that from now on. You just never know!

:)