Friday, January 8, 2010

Just who are these people?

As you probably know, I love antiques and collectibles. I have lots of collections of various items sprinkled throughout the house. I didn't realise that I was collecting old photos of children until I brought one more home the other day. They make me wonder. Who are they? What is their name? Where are they now? Why are their pictures in an antique store instead of a family home, loved and cherished? I don't buy every child's picture I see. Just the ones I feel a connection to. Hard to put my finger on it, but some just speak to me.

Who could resist the freckles?

Sweet little girl.


The cleft chin and the little sailor suit just gets me.


So serious and grown-up!

Those eyes! Who can resist?

I really don't think she likes this outfit. Looks more like a tomboy to me.


Sweet little cutey patooty!

Oh, my goodness!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my collection. If you know who they are, let me know!


8 comments:

Brenda said...

Too cute. I could not let myself bring them home I am overrunning with grandchildren in frames around the house.

Thimbleanna said...

Why am I not surprised that your sweet self would have such a lovely collection? They're just beautiful Miss Jean. What a fun thing to collect!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are an angel to rescue those sweet photos. I am with you on your sentiments about not holding onto them. These were someone's babies.........

xo
Becky

The Green Pea said...

Oh, I collect old photos too. I have them displayed at the store. I do not sell them. I always wonder how they ever were sold to strangers.
I love them, and use them to decorate. Keep warm Jean, it has been so cold lately. sandi

ChaChaneen said...

Oh my stars, these are just to ADORABLE!

Patty E said...

I have always felt the same way. Breaks my heart to see such items at yard sales or antique stores. Especially since so many of us have only a few precious items from our own past, to see such wonderful items sitting on the table with a price tag really bothers me.

ThisleRose said...

Each child's photo is very distinctive, I can see why you were drawn to them! :-) I often wonder why photos end up in antique stores!

Busy Little Quilter said...

They are precious! I often wonder, too, why these photos aren't being cherished in loved one's homes. It's so sweet of you to rescue them.

I looked, but I don't see anyone I know!