Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Silly Post

I know, with all that's going on in the world, this may seem like a silly post.  However, I have a question.  Why, in all of the big state of Colorado, can we not find linguica? **I suppose I should have added exactly what linguica is.  It's a Portuguese sausage. There are German brats, Mexican chorizo,  and Polish sausage.  They are all good, but we like love linguica the best. We have only eaten it fried and eaten on french rolls as a sandwich or added to my baked beans.  I'm sure there are many other recipes for it.

Good, homemade, butcher shop linguica?

It's been a staple at our house for years.  It's the "secret" ingredient in my famous baked beans.

WHY!!!???!!!!!

I know I can get it mail order but I want to run down to the local grocery store and get some.  I have until next year's bbq season to find it. Otherwise I'll be forced to mail order it and pay higher prices.

While I'm at it, why don't they serve Chili Colorado in Mexican restaurants here in Colorado but they do in California?

Inquiring minds need to know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Jean I don't even know what linguica is!!

Thank you for the offer of taking us to the airport! I will talk to Bill- we do fly out of Denver. so you must be on the north side of the Springs-

Working on newsletters today and getting ready for my nephews wedding this weekend- goodness always something going on!

bee blessed
mary

The Strawberry Mallard said...

Well we know where to get it in NJ Miss Jean..maybe if you and Miss Becky come back East...hmmmmmm.......Hugs, Nancy and the animals

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I love linguica and grow up eating it with eggs or having it BBQ on a french roll with butter and garlic.
My Mom is Portuguese.
That is so funny really you can't find Chili Colorado...maybe they have a different name for it.
Well today we are having rain...Yeah maybe I can turn on the fireplace, you know press the button kind and the gas comes on....LOL
Hope all is well, sending hugs Elizabeth