Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Visit From Katy

We had a visit today from Katy.  Katydid to be specific.  It's an insect that likes to eat leaves and disguises herself as a leaf.  We had such a bad rainstorm yesterday that I thought it was just a leaf blown onto the house at first.  Nope, it's Katy.  There are certainly a lot of leaves for her noontime meal today that were blown off the tree in the front yard.




This  is a photo I got off the internet as my phone picture didn't do her justice.  This is the first Katydid I have seen in Colorado, let alone anywhere else.

As for an update on our new little Allie:  She is fitting in just splendidly with our family.  Maggie is still a little put off that she's here but that's alright because Mollie and she has become great friends. They play and wrestle all day long.  In the evening when she gets sleepy I can hold her and she sleeps on her back.  I'll have to have my son take a picture because she flails her arms out in the oddest position.

It was 37 degrees out this morning when I got up and some of the dog toys out in the back yard were frozen.  We're due for a warm up, but fall is certainly here and that means winter can't be far behind.  This is my favorite time of the year - sweatshirt weather with a dash of hot cider thrown in for comfort!

Have a wonderful day and keep an eye out for more of Katy's family!








1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

How exciting to have a new puppy Miss Jean -- she's adorable! It's getting chilly here too -- it's definitely not summer anymore!