Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day


As you may know I'm a military Mom. Of all the titles I have, I think that is the one that makes me the proudest. Don't get me wrong. Being a wife, daughter, mother, grandma and friend all make me proud. What can I say, though, about this other aspect of my life? The feelings I have as a military Mom are so special and precious to me. They are kept in a very special place in my heart. I am honored to be part of the military family community.

I grieve along with the families who have lost their loved ones to the war. I cheer when I see them come back home strong and alive and well. I ache when I see them come back broken. I know from experience that if you asked any of them they would say they serve because they feel it is their duty and they are proud of it.

Pray for our military. Pray for our leaders and the decisions they make. Pray for the families who have lost their loved ones in the war. When you see military personnel go up to them and thank them for the job they are doing for our country.

(please turn off my music on my sidebar when you listen to this video)



God Bless the USA!


(Go on over to Martha's blog at Vintage Trifles. She's having a wonderful giveaway. It's a beautiful Americana decoration complete with an American flag and Miss Liberty herself!)

3 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Beautiful post, my sweet friend. My sentiments are the same as yours and us military moms have to be strong for our children.

God Bless everyone who serves our Country and the families of those who give so unselfishly of themselves.

xo
Becky

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful post. I would be proud to be a military mom too....

Great video...
God Bless the USA...
Hugs,
Penny

Tipper said...

You should be proud! I am so thankful for all who serve and all who have served. A very nice post!