Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Back!!!!

I have my internet access back! Yea!!! Yea!!! Yea!!! What was wrong, you say? Well, let's just say that Mr. Sweety is being extra special nice to me right now if you catch my drift........

Onwards and upwards and on to another subject.... First and foremost, I love a clean house. Mine is not always as clean and spotless as I would like it to be. I live in the central valley of California and you can dust one minute and the dust just comes back as soon as you are done. Same for dirty garages and patios. It's like swimming up stream. Add to the mix, I have a very active dog who loves to track in dirt from the back yard. But I do like to keep the house as clean as I can and things picked up and put away.

Windows have never been my strong suit. Lord knows I try. Take this picture for example. This is the sliding door from the dining room to the patio. In other words, Miss Maggie's main avenue for going out and coming back in. "Birds, Mommy, Birds!" (jump, jump, jump). "I want in Mommy!!! Now, now, now" (jump, jump, jump). How long had it been since I washed it, you say? TWO DAYS!!!!!!! TWO DAYS !!!!! In fact, the window looks much worse in person. What looks like haze in the picture is true brown DIRT!


Please tell me I'm not alone on this one!

10 comments:

Dayna said...

We have "sniggle art" on the windows that all the scotties look out. Wash one minute and turn your back and they have it "decorated" again!

Thimbleanna said...

LOL Miss Jean! Boy, do I remember those dog-window days. Now I just get teeny little kitty nose prints. All that dirt's worth it though, for sweet Maggie!

Marcy said...

LOL ...... my dear Jean ... you are NOT alone ... Maizie does the EXACT same thing at the living room windows, which belong to her. You can hardly see through them any given day, no matter how often we clean them. Luckily, she has a doggie door in the dining room which leads to the back deck patio and yard. Birds taunt her ... passing cars taunt her ... she especially goes nuts when this one particular red jeep passes by our house .. not sure why, though. Aren't they fun!?

Helen said...

You are sooo not alone.
I too love a clean house and its only my hubby and I now that the kids are grown. But we have a very active Golden Retreiver and 2 kittys. We have doggie drool and pet hair all over. Hard to keep up with. I am comforted knowing that I am not alone either.
I would rather have some dog drool and kitty hair than a spotless house and no furry kids...I'm sure you feel the same.
Helen in Mass.

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh my sliding windows always look yucky right at nose level!

Lydia said...

One of the advantages of the small chihuahua mixes we have now is the nose prints don't interfere with the view to the outside quite the way the big hunting dogs which used to live with us did.

Nicole said...

My French doors are so smeary I can barely see out of them. Of course the majority of the smears are all from my knees down! It is an endless job to keep them clean.

Val said...

My paw prints are little grandbaby handprints. This is a cute post. I enjoyed your blog.

Lallee said...

Well, the 'dirt' does have artistic flourishes and swirls. Maybe she was drawing a picture for ;-) I should take a pic of our 'drool' window. It would make you feel like you had good company.

So glad you survived the flu.

Andrea said...

Nope, you're not alone, lol!
I have one doggie (we have Pugs) that loves to scratch and snort all over the glass, going out and to come back in. The glass never seems clean. So then that combined with all the hair they shed make me look like the worst housekeeper in Texas! Oh well, they are worth it!
Ps. love your blog! Scotties are my other favorite doggie breed ;-)