Saturday, May 22, 2010

In a Bind

In my previous post I mentioned how much I hate prefer not to sew bindings on my quilts. Well, I have angered the binding gods!!! I've been cutting out the bindings for the five, count them, five quilts I have to bind. So today I started on the binding for the quilt that I'm giving to my dear friend . Now who could that be? Hmmmmmm. Thankfully I had just started sewing it on and hadn't gone far. In fact I hadn't even turned a corner yet. I was sewing it on the wrong side!!!!! I know better than that!!!!! Luckily I didn't have much to pick out and my machine length was set at 3 so it didn't take me long to take it off. See my little white well-used seam ripper. Can't live without it!



So I'm off to the showers to cool down, I'm taking a pill for my headache, I'll make my peace with the binding gods and start again.

Good grief!

9 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

Oh my; there is nothing like un-sewing is there. I thought I heard thunder clapping from the west :0)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Linda said...

I like to think of this as "frog sewing".. rip-it-rip-it-rip-it

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Thunder Gods and rip-it frogs....yup, that would be about right!! How cute Sharon and Linda are!!!

My dear, my dear...........
Do you need some help? I would be glad to come over with Mr. Janome and help you out.

That red and white quilt is VERY special - yes indeedy!!! ;)


love you,
Becky

PS: Where is Maggie? Eating the threads? :)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

PS: When I was reading your post, I had Scooby Doo's voice in my head saying this:

"Wro-Wro, Shaggy!"

xx

ChaChaneen said...

Ooooh that is going to be a darling quilt! Lurve the dots! I couldn't help but laugh though, you write like you talk and I could see the whole scene unfolding in front of me! Alright, now go lay down with a cold compress on your forehead and get some rest!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Don't do like I would probably do - and have done with other projects - do it again. Like a previous poster - I hate unsewing and unknitting.

Hope all is going well.

Lynn

PS - I got to see some of your beautiful sewing yesterday.

Sinta Renee said...

Don't let it get the best of you! Just breathe!

Gina said...

All the schools are suffering cutbacks here too:( Our teachers have no summer jobs.. 3 months of OMG what are we going to do?
Send me your quilts to quilt!
PS: I love to bind, its my TV time!
Love G

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Oh, I loved meeting you yesterday at the shop, even crawling into the front display window to retrieve a scotty dog for you. hee!! I think we meet kindered souls!