**I just got off the phone with our local veterinarian's office. Maggie has been there all day on i.v.'s. She's resting comfortably and will be spending the night. They will be doing further blood work in the morning and if all is well, which they are expecting, she will come home, good as new! I'll continue to keep you updated. Thank you all for your continued prayers for my little girl!!!
Our dear little Maggie is very sick. Yesterday she ate a large quantity of raisins that had accidentally been left out. Raisins are poisonous to dogs and can cause renal failure even in small quantities. As soon as I realised what happened, I rushed her to our local emergency vet where they pumped her stomach. She has spent the night there on an i.v. and I'm about to go pick her up to take her to our local vet for further treatment. Please keep her in your prayers. She is such a large part of our family and I don't know what I would do without her. I'll keep you all posted on her progress.
If you have a dog, check out this website. It has a list of "people food" that is poisonous to dogs. Make sure you know what these items are and also make sure that your family members know as well. Our pets rely on us to protect and care for them.
Thank you all.