Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Laurie over at Buttons and Lace organized a Valentine's Day swap. I was so busy getting my gifts ready to mail and also getting ready for retreat, that I forgot that I had something coming for me!

Laurie from Fun With This and That sent me this wonderful package. The first thing I saw when I opened it was the beautiful card. She must know how I love quilts!

She made this darling decoration to attach to the package. Such a clever lady!

I can't believe all the goodies that were wrapped up! Candy, felt heart pin cushions that I'll add to my collection, a stained glass necklace that I have hanging in my sewing room window to catch the sun rays, a sparkly battery operated tea candle.

See the little charm on the right? The right side is a little picture of valentine heart candies. When I turned it over I just gasped! It is a little piece of vintage paper with a train schedule on it. Did she know I LOVE TRAINS!!!!?!!!!

The beautiful heart in the middle now has a special home in a basket of vintage plates I have in my bedroom. I'll take a picture of it next week when I get home.

Thank you Laura for all the care you took in putting together such a lovely gift. Thank you Laurie for organizing such a fun swap!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out there.
Go hug someone you love!!!



6 comments:

Scooter said...

WOW!! That is one neat package with lots of goodies!!
Happy Valentines Day!!

wags
Jazzi

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, looks like you have lots of fun goodies there. Happy Valentine's Day Sweet Miss Jean!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Happy Valentine's Day - great pressies!!

Have fun on your retreat!

Fixing My Thoughts said...

Looks like a wonderful collection of sweet goodies of all kinds! Happy Valentine's Day. Bess

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What a great and fun package there!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

xxooxxoo

Becky and the scottie clan

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Happy Valentines day to You!