Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Have a Code In My Node

Well, it finally hit. I've been dodging this cold for a week and now it's here. I've been taking Airborne so that has helped. Up until now, that is. Yesterday was spent taking son to Sacramento to the airport, dropping my sewing machine off for a service, taking Mom and Sweety out to lunch on the way home, going out to dinner with friends and then going to Target. Full day. Maybe too full. Anyway, I'm down for the count.

Trouble is, when I get like this I get a little, shall we say, spacey. I think of all kinds of things I should be doing. Must be the drugs. My sewing room is now a disaster after taking down the peg board and trying to figure out what I'm going work on as a gift for a friend. It's due the first of February and I've known about this exchange with my quilt group for two years. So me bad!

Then the poor gardener and UPS driver had to witness me in all my sick messy haired, pajamas and bathrobe glory. Pitiful.

I just finished my comfort food breakfast. Milk Toast! Nectar of the Gods!!! Toast with hot milk poured on it and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I took no pictures. You are welcome. What, may I ask, is your comfort food? Is it toast and tea? Is it something nutritious or something decadent? What makes you feel all warm and cozy inside when you are sick

I'm going back to bed now to read my new Robyn Carr book, Forbidden Falls. I've been waiting months for it and this is the perfect day to get started on it.

Have a healthy day!

7 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh Dear! I hope you feel better soon! My comfort food when I have a cold would be a bowl of steaming home made chicken noodle soup...

Get better soon!
Hugs,
Penny

ChaChaneen said...

Ah shucks! I hope that you enjoy some down time, as you know sometimes these 'colds' are reminders for us to sloooow down and ressssssst!

Milk Toast? Never heard of it? How much hot milk do you pour one 1 piece of toast? Do tell! When your feeling up to it of course and enjoy your novel!

Thimbleanna said...

Darn it! I hope you fell better for New Year's Eve, so you can ring in the new year with good health! Mashed Potatoes are my comfort food!

Mumzie said...

Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the Christmas card...it was really cute and thoughtful. I didn't get around to sending mine out this year. Yvonne :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you love winter colds? Hope you get well so you can come down to Road to California...get inspired and make that friends quilt. (I sent you an e-mail about it) My favorite comfort food is anything tomato based. Spent my summers in PA "home to Chef-Boy-Arde" and smelled tomatoes cooking all day from 10am on. Then lived by DelMonte in the SJ valley..love 'em. Get well, sniff tomatoes!

Linda said...

I don't know what happened, but after being told my password and "characters didn't match" my comment printed anonymous. Linda, Katie and Fionas mum

Michele McLaughlin said...

Get well Miss Jean! Sounds like that book will be the best medicine and lots of rest!