Monday, December 14, 2009


When I first stumbled upon blogging I was thrilled about discovering this new forum. It held a world of talent that I could learn from. Crafting, quilting, decorating, gardening, cooking. The list is endless. Then I started to actually get to know some of the bloggers which was just icing on the cake. Some have become real life friends that I have met. Others are my "virtual" friends that I cherish just as much. Blogging fills a part of my life in a wonderful way. I feel connected and enriched and grateful that I have been able to be a part of such a loving and talented community.


But with every joy in life there is sorrow as we all know. Through these blogs there are Mothers asking for prayers for their sons or daughters going off to fight a war. There is the young mother showing such joy at the birth of her child, only to pass away suddenly shortly afterwards. There are tragic accidents that leave us speechless and in awe at the resilience of the human soul. Even the passing of a dear pet tears at our hearts for these that we only know via the computer.


One of the first blogs that I discovered was written by Jen in Australia. She was using her blog as a journal to write down her journey with cancer. She was a beautiful girl with an adorable son, Jack. As I sat at the computer this morning to check on my "friends", I realised I hadn't checked in with Jen for a while. Sadly, she has passed away on December 9th at the age of 40 after her long and courageous fight.


Please stop by her site to give your love and prayers to her family and especially little Jack.


Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Psalm 116:15

3 comments:

Lindah said...

Dear Jean,
I don't have a blog, but I have been read, sharing, benefitting and interacting with a long list of bloggers and their commenters for several years. I have learned much from these dear people. I have shed tears and pled in prayer for some, laughed and rejoiced with others. That I can sit at my computer on the west coast and fervently pray for a person I have never met on the east coast or somewhere in between --or overseas-- is an amazement to me.

The blogging world has been such an enrichment to my life. I appreciate the inclusion by most bloggers --not all and that's ok. At some point, perhaps I can do a blog, but not just yet. In the meantime, I want to thank you for sharing your heart in your beautiful blog.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Linda

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Good Morning Jean,

I have to agree with you that blogging has enriched my life and there are so many people out there that I've never met that I now call friend. I have laughed, cried and prayed with these wonderful people.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Jen, but she is in the arms of our precious Savior and there is no more pain for her.

Lynn

Dawn said...

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing Jean. I saw a button the other day that said "Blogging friends ARE real friends" and it is so true. We become as close to them as friends "in the real world". I'm sure she will be missed by many.
Hugs,
Dawn