Friday, February 15, 2008

You like me......


I've been tagged for the very first time by Anna at Thimbleanna to name seven wierd things about myself. I feel just like Sally Fields! "You like me, you really like me!" To my way of thinking, to be tagged is the ultimate blog acceptance award. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but hey, it's been a rough week. You made my day, Anna!!!

However, before I write them down, I prefer the term eccentric rather than wierd. Just adds a touch more sophistication, and I can use all the sophistication I can get. Here goes:

1. I am very fussy about my house and yard. It must look nice all the time. You never know who might stop by: President Bush, Carol Channing (lives near here), Trace Adkins (PLEASE), Hugh Laurie (see blog entry February 6th). Anyone! However, I don't care much about how I look. Give me an old sweatshirt and blue jeans and I'm a happy camper.

2. I love, love, love flannel pajamas. I have quite a collection and I'm not afraid to wear them!! When I was still working that's what I put on right after I got home at the end of the day. A neighbor would come by and ask if I was sick. "No, just comfortable."

3. Talking about pajamas, I love to go out in my garden first thing in the morning with my cup of tea and wander around to look at the flowers. Next thing I know, it's four hours later and I'm still in my pajamas, covered in dirt from pulling weeds and whatever yard work needed done. As long as the Clark We Need You man doesn't wander out back, I'm ok.

4. I love Miracle Whip sandwiches on white bread. I know, try not to be too intimidated by my "gourmet-ness". However, my Mom likes peanut butter with dill pickles and bacon so I come by it honestly.

5. I'm a nice person. Really. People just think that I am the sweetest thing (No brag, just the facts.) However, I have been know to get a "little" (ok, LOT) angry at time. We have a handicap placard for the car for my husband. Do not be around me when I find someone parking in a handicap spot without a valid handicap placard. It's not pretty. My husband starts to sweat when he sees me spot one. And don't even mention my name to the 6'2" pharmacist that I chewed out one day for messing up Sweety's prescriptions for the umpteenth time! Deep breath.........Hmmmmmm.

6. I think that I have ADD. It's difficult for me to concentrate on one task at hand without flitting on to something else.........was that a butterfly that just flew by? Oh, sorry. What was I saying? It runs in the family. My daughter has it as does grandson number one. I think I had ADHD when I was younger, but I had to drop the "H" when I got older and gained weight. Just couldn't keep up!

7. I love to collect "stuff". You name it I collect it. Now I know that's not wierd, or even eccentric, more like an obsession. I do collect cookbooks. I have a very nice shelf in the kitchen with some very nice cookbooks. Lovely ones. Famous authors. Beautiful covers. Delicious recipes. Do I use them? Heck no! You know how they "stage" model homes? That's what they are. It's all a ruse to make me look good. I must add that I do like to bake, but I don't do it often. Sweety can't have it so I only do it occasionally. When I get the urge for something I'll bake it, have a little for me and take the rest over to my Mom's. She lives in a senior housing unit near here so it gets shared with all other ladies. See, I told you I was sweet! (see #5).

Whew. This was harder than I thought. I didn't even get to the part where I can wiggle my ears or will always eat Kelloggs cereal over Post any day of the week or any of the other myriad of endearing qualities that I have. I'm sure my family and friends could come up with lots more, too. But hey, "you like me, you really like me!"

Have a wonderful day!

*Here's my addendum: I was over at Penny's blog and noticed that she too had been tagged for the seven wierd facts tag. The rules of the tag is to pass it onto seven others. She states that she is a rule breaker (see her wierd facts) and so she didn't tag anyone, just invited others to participate. Now, I not only think rules are for others, but I don't know that many bloggers yet. So, with humble apologies, I'm going to copy Penny and just invite any who wants to to get in touch with their inner wierdness and let it all out. It's very therapeutic!

8 comments:

SweetAnnee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SweetAnnee said...

Ok,Miss Jean
come to my Whimsy Blog
something for you

and email me through my profile too
congrats, Deena

ChaChaneen said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing about yourself, your sense of humor comes through in your writing - very funny Miss Jean! Happy Valentines day!

Thimbleanna said...

We do really like you! Thanks for playing. Please call and warn me before you come by -- my house would never pass your #1 test. And I'd just die if Hugh dropped by! My house gets worse as I get older and become more interested in "stuff". And realize the clock is ticking -- just don't want to be bothered cleaning much LOL!

BugnLVoe said...

I love your answers... they are funny and cute and wonderful. :-)

XOXO

a Pocket Angel said...

Jean,
We are a lot alike...You are my kind of Gal!
Thanks for sharing you with us.
I think your banner looks beautiful and you have such a delightful blog.
Hope you have a lovely day.
~Mary~ :-}

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Now that was fun!!! You are a neat-nick and your house is sooooo tidy!!! Now I know why! LOL!!

xo
Becky

Janet said...

Jean,

That as great and a lot of fun to learn about your eccentricities!! I am so with you on the ADD thing.

Janet