Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July


Our son recently came home on leave from the Navy and we picked him up at the airport. I couldn't believe the number of families that were either greeting a returning military loved one or sending one off. All of a sudden we were all part of a larger family. Clapping and waving, hugging and crying together. This little guy was there to meet his daddy. Dad had been gone his entire first grade school year. Can you imagine? It was so heartwarming to see him run up to his Daddy and leap into his arms.

On this Fourth of July I'd like to especially thank all of our nation's military personnal for what they do and for the sacrifices they make. Whether they are stationed state side or overseas, on friendly soil or in the midst of battle, it is a huge commitment on their part. I am so proud of each and every one of them.

I want to especially mention Sr. Airman, Fireman Jordan Roberts who served his country with love, determination and pride. I also want to mention our son, Aaron, who will be deployed at the end of the year. He volunteered for this duty and I am all the more proud of him for it.

God Bless the United States and may He watch over all of our sons and daughters, wives and husbands, fathers and mothers who serve.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Please thank your son for his service to our great country. We live in the land of the free because of the brave.

Happy 4th of July!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Thank you so much for reminding us of the day to celebrate our freedom. Freedom is not free!! I fell fortunate to have shared my life with a very patriotic man who is a career Marine.

Please tell you son he will be in my prayers. And dear Becky's son gave the ultimate for us.

Kate said...

I pray for all our military and hope they may all come home safely. Thank your son for me for his service. It takes special people to serve in the military especially now. And I thank you as a mother who is loaning your son for service to our country. I'll hold you in my prayers also.

The Green Pea said...

Jean, I also pray for the men and women that serve in the military for the USA. God Bless Them All. God Bless their families as well. They all give their all. It is not easy being a mother or father of a soldier. We would all hope for a safe return. It doesn't always turn out that way. May God Bless everyone. sandi