Friday, March 14, 2008

An Enlightening Day.....

Yesterday I drove to the town of Concord to take a class at Thimble Creek Quilt Store to make Anne Sutton's Bitty Bird pin cushion. Anne's patterns are just wonderful, bright and cheery. Now I am no crafter. I'm not good with my hands making little crafty detailed things. Give me big quilt pieces and I'm great but I was way out of my element. However, the class was taught by Nireko Ohira and it was just a delight. She was warm, giving, friendly and, most of all, so patient and helpful to me. I can't thank her enough for such a great class. Even though it's quite a drive for me (it took me almost three hours because of a freeway accident) I would not ever hesitate to take a class from her if she was the teacher. If you are anywhere in the area, check into their classes. I know that she has one scheduled for March 27th to make a French covered box. It is exquisite!!!! Thanks again, Nireko! You are awesome!!!!! By the way, the above picture is not mine. Mine is not quite finished but I wanted you to see how adorable Bitty Bird is.

After my long day yesterday I was less than perky - I think I'm just TIRED! Anyway, I didn't need to get up this morning to have a whole line of electrical outlets not working in he house. Nothing was out like the refrigerators or anything like that. But we had no lights in the kitchen and it needed to be fixed. We finally got an electrician out here and after an hour he figured it out. We had had someone come out yesterday to fix our garage door opener. I had told my husband that it could be something to do with what that repair man did. I told him that you always go back to the last thing that happened and check that first. Do I get an AMEN, Ladies!!?!! Anyway, it turns out that the plug that the garage door opener was plugged into was defective and got jostled when the other guy was messing with it. Somehow it made all the other outlets/lines in that bank not work. OOOOOOHHHHH, trying not to say I TOLD YOU SO!!! It's all better now, though.
I thought I would check my blog as I was tired and flustered (it's tiring to say "I Told You So!") and my blog friends make me feel happy. So it was to my surprise to find that I had been given a "You Make My Day" award by Trudy from Crows In My Attic. Now Trudy, you have truly made my day and I should just give the award back to you! Isn't it wonderful how God sends us these little nudges of encouragement just when we need it? It couldn't have come at a better time. Bless you! So I'm feeling humbled and that I really don't deserve it.


The rules for the “You Make My Day” award are to present it to those whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blog land. Let them know through email or by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Blogland is filled with such wonderful people. I know that we all have our days, like I have just experienced, where we are off our game and are less than nice. But for the most part, I feel that bloggers as a rule are positive, caring and unselfish people. There are lots of bloggers I could give this to so if I don't mention you, please don't take offence. I appreciate you all and want to thank you all for enriching my life.

Here are just some of the wonderful blog friends that I truly love and appreciate:
Becky from Sweet Cottage Dreams: First and foremost. I couldn't have done all this without you. You have become such a dear friend. Who would have known that by clicking on that funny word "blog" I would be led to someone who lives so close to me and has so many of the same interests that I do. Thank you so much for being my friend!

Also:







You've all made my day!!!

13 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

Miss Jean! Congrats on your award! You are truly a delight and it is well deserved! Thank you for passing it on to me, little ol' Esther Sunday - to be included with the group you bestowed it to? So sweet. Don't forget to post a pic of your finished bird - they look adorable! You are crafty - you just need the chance and exposure and then you will be off and running! Sorry about the electricity. Being a Northern Cali Girl by birth, I do not do well if the power is out for more than 15 minutes - I get pretty dang cranky about it. Here in the mountains of North Idaho, if there is just a slight breeze, it seems, the power goes out. True story - one year it went out for THREEE solid days over Thanksgiving and a month later - THREE solid days over Christmas. I kid you not. My language so bad during those particular days, I would have made a sailor blush!!!! Love, Esther

a Pocket Angel said...

Jean, Bless you for giving me this delightful award. You are such a sweetheart! I am honored to be included is this wonderful group of Gals.
Hugs ~Mary~

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh I just adore those lil bitty birds...so precious! Congrats on your award!

Anonymous said...

Those pincushions are adorable! I'm glad your electricity is back again. Congratulations on your awards! ~ Lynda

Dandelion Quilts said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your pincushions turned out too cute. Looking forward to stopping by again...

Janet said...

Jean,
Congrats on the award. It is well deserved. Blogland is such a great place to be recognized. Have a great weekend :)
Janet

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats on the award and thank you so much Miss Jean for giving me this wonderful award! I will post it with honor!!

Love the little birdies! Can't wait to see you finished one...I know it will be adorable!
Hugs,
Penny

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi to Doogie's Auntie Jean! He is sleeping right now, but I will surely tell him of the sweet award that you to givingly passed my way.

Hey, you MUST come by tomorrow. This little girl pup is a babe. They finally got all tuckered out after "fighting" in the scotty pen. ha. Now they are sleeping....shhhhh....lets not wake them.

Jean, your bitty bird is going to be precious. Everything you do turns out just wonderfully. Now get your camera working so us gals can see your quilts!!! Oh, and that fabulous sewing room!!!

See ya tomorrow! I am blessed to have you for my friend.

Hugs and Doogie kisses,
Becky and Doogs

Heidi said...

Congratulations on two things......

First, your award which is well deserved. You have really started out from the first day with a beautiful blog!

Second, for making a Bitty Bird pincushion. They are so adorable. I hope you will share a photo of yours when it is all put together.
I know I would love to see it.

Thanks for visiting both of my blogs and leaving such sweet comments. I had to do two as I want to share too much of either my needlework or my home and garden. :)

Hugs ~
Heidi

Amongst The Oaks said...

Congratulations on your award. I know you frequently make my day. I just love your title block. So pretty.
I'm tagging you for 7 things about yourself. See my blog for the rules.
Hugs, Laura

SweetAnnee said...

Miss Jean ..congrats on your award!! you're deserving!!
I love your banner too..
and THOSE bird pincushions are darling..can't wait to see your..

Hope today is good for you!!! smiles and hugs, deena

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Miss Jean, thank you for stopping by & visiting me. I really appreciate it when folks leave a message for me.

And congrats on your award!

Please come back!
Rhoda

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

You and your blog are MOST deserving of passing along the award to, Miss Jean!! Great job on the pincushions, too, btw!! Hugs, Trudy in Colorado