I suppose something like this would depend on what life experiences you are going through at the time. I for one, right now, am going through a "friendship situation". I am not going to go into details. No need. Let's just say that women can be really hurtful at times. What I do want to say is that I cherish and appreciate my friendship with my friend Nikki. Our friendship has evolved over the last 21 years from being an acquaintance to a co-worker to a friend to a BFF in the whole wide world friend. We're the same in a lot of ways but also have our differences. Rather than the differences being a problem, we view them as an asset. I'm so thankful that she is a part of my life.
I want to also mention Becky. I am so thankful to have her as my new friend. We met in an interesting Kevin Bacon Six Degrees of Separation sort of way. It started when I was checking out one of my favorite quilt web sites, Fig Tree Quilts. She had a link for a blog! "I wonder what a blog is", I asked innocently? "My, what are those links?" Off into cyberspace I went. Somehow I found a link to The Old Painted Cottage. This is a wonderful site and if you haven't been there, stop by. Jennifer has an area where she showcases cottages of the month. I was going through them all and I noticed that July of 2007 was "Becky" from "Modesto, California". Well, ladies and gentlemen, that is only 10 minutes down the road from my little town of Escalon so I was really excited. I started scrolling through the pictures and was hooked. What a lovely home! Then I got excited when I started seeing Scottish Terrier collectibles since I'm a Scotty nut. Then I saw the picture of Duhgall, a real live Scotty and I screamed. We're planning on getting a new Scotty this year. Woo Hoo! A kindred spirit!!!! My plan was to contact Jennifer and ask her to have Becky contact me. I wanted to talk Scotty groomer, breeders, vets, etc.. Before I could do that I stopped by one of our local antique shops in Modesto, Remember When. I started chatting with the owner about "stuff" and then I mentioned blogs. She asked if I had seen The Old Painted Cottage. I told her how I had planned on contacting Becky, etc., etc.. "Well", she said, "Becky rents a space in the shop. Let me call her and you can talk." Get Out Of Town!!! We talked for a long time (sorry I used up so many minutes). We've gotten together at each other's home, gone shopping, out to dinner with our Sweety's and have developed what I hope will be a lasting friendship. Becky and her Sweety are just wonderful people. I consider myself Aunty Jean to Doogs.
Thank you Lord for my lasting friendship with Nikki and my new friendship with Becky!!! My prayer is for each of you to have friendships in your life as dear as I do.
So, back to the game. My six word memoir is:
Because nice matters - cherish your friends!
Here are the rules to the game:
1. Write your own six word memoir (see above)
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like. Yellow roses represent friendship.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible, so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag five more blogs with links
5.Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
Now I am inviting the following gals to play along:
1. Amy at Fours Sisters In A Cottage because she is a new blog friend and she is a great gal!!!!
2. Anna at Thimbleanna because she is a new blog friend and is the sweetest person!!
3. Nicole atSister's Choice Quilts because she is an awesome quilter and I'm in love with her dog!!!
4. Susan at A View From Here because she is one of my favorite authors and I love her books. I don't know Susan so I'm being a little (a whole lot) brave with this one.
5. Lynda at Hedgerow Hollow. This was my "wild card." I just starting going from link to link till I decided to stop. I wanted a new one that I had never been to. Her blog is beautiful and she is a talented lady who lives in Ontario, Canada. In our travels we have found that Canadians are some of the kindest and most friendly people on this earth.
So there you are. Whether you take up the challenge or not, or if you are just visiting my blog today, take the time to remember your friends. Give them a call, send them a card or write them a letter and let them know how much they mean to you.
Have a great week!!!