I've been tagged by Laura from Amongst the Oaks to tell 7 things about myself. I've already done a tag where I tell 7 wierd things about myself. Now I have to come up with non-wierd facts. Hmmmmmm. Wierd (or as I prefer, eccentric) was easy. This could be more difficult.
1. As a general rule I am on time. If I say I'll be somewhere at 8:30, I'll be there at 8:30. I'll stress and calculate exactly the time I need to leave to get from point A to point B. I HATE to be late to anything.
2. I'm originally from the Midwest. Michigan to be exact. I've lived in California since I was 13. We moved out here in an Archway cookie truck. Mom and Dad just up and quit their jobs at Kelloggs of Battle Creek and off we went. No jobs, no nothing. Brave people. But they were successful. I don't think (I know) I couldn't do something like that.
3. I've been fortunate to have a BFF for nearly 21 years. I'm a loyal friend. You're my friend? You need something? You got it!!
4. On one hand I'm an insecure person. On the other hand, I'm not afraid to try new things.
5. I don't like shopping for clothes. I have the most pitiful wardrobe, but I don't care. I love to shop at antique stores, quilt stores and garden centers. My house and yard look a heck of a lot better than I do!
6. I have a son in the Navy and a daughter-in-law (son's wife) in the Air Force. I am fiercly patriotic and don't have use for people who don't support our military. Regardless of where they stand on the war, our troops deserve our respect and support.
7. I'm a big country music fan. When I was growing up my parents listened to hillbilly music (Dad was from Kentucky). My Dad's brothers would come over and they would all go down in our basement and play and sing. The music would come up through the furnace grates and I would lie in bed and listen to it. I didn't care much for it then, but that's what I listen to now, primarily. I guess it was just instilled into me. Simple, honest music. Our local country station plays the national anthem every day at noon. What other types of radio stations do that?
I could go on, but I've used up my 7 facts. Nothing that interesting or earth shattering for sure. Just a normal person trying to do the best I can every day. Taking care of my husband, watching out for my Mom, working on being the best Grandma in the world, and trying to bring out the creativity in myself while attempting to be a good person. Am I so different from anyone else? I don't think so. Have I had it easy my whole life. Heck no. My philosophy is that regardless of whatever life has thrown at you in the past it is no excuse to not be a good person who strives to be happy in the present.
I'm not going to tag anyone else for two reasons. First, this has gone around and I think most bloggers have been tagged already. Second, one of the little facts about myself is that I don't like to put any one out or impose on others. So instead of tagging 7 others I'd like to encourage you all to take the time to think about what you want to do from today on. What kind of person do you want to be regardless of past circumstances.
I promise my next blog will be more lighthearted. By the way. I usually try to tie in the music with the current post. I came up empty on inspiration for this one so I just have one playing because I like it - see #7 above!