Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday!

Barney at the White House

Today is Super Tuesday so let's get out there and vote! Personaly, I'm sad that Barney and Miss Beazley are only going to be at the White House for one more year. They are our nation's First Scotties, after all. Perhaps they'll do public appearance after they leave office.......

I'm going to attempt to spend the day getting ready for a quilt retreat. My friends and I have a quilt group called The Busy Bees. The name came as a memory to a friend who passed away from breast cancer, Bea. There are eleven of us and every November we go to a condo in Lake Tahoe for a retreat. Then in February we go for four days at a church conference center up in the foothills about an hour from where we live. The conference center has a home that they have turned into a place for retreats in addition to their large center. It's a cozy home with a large area where we can sew. This will be our sixth retreat at this facility and we absolutely love it. We'll arrive Friday and depart on Monday. Although our main purpose for going is quilting, we also spend time knitting, reading, watching movies (Fried Green Tomatoes and Calendar Girls are watched every year), shopping the local quilt stores and just plain relaxing. The secret best part is the center does all the cooking for us!! They drive up to the house at 6:30 just to get the coffee going, for heaven's sake. The meals are wonderful and by the time we leave we are happy and refreshed.

Ladies, do yourself a favor, grab some friends and go do something for yourself. You're worth it and you'll be a better wife/mom/friend for doing it!

Ta Ta!

6 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Hi Miss Jean, glad to find your blog from Elizabeth!

BugnLVoe said...

President Roosevelt had a Scottie.

I think that is how the Scottie became such a figure in American culture in the 1940's.

XOXO

Susie said...

Hi Miss Jean,
Your retreat sounds wonderful and relaxing :)
My SIL belongs to a quilting group and they rent a beach house twice a year. She always says what a fun time it is!

Charlotte said...

Welcome to another new blogger. I just started blogging January 12. Isn't it fun? I have something else in common with you. I lived in the San Joaquin Valley of California for 19 years before moving to Arizona.
Was glad to see Laura and the doggies on your blog. I will miss them when they move out of the White House.

Heidi said...

Hi Miss Jean! I came over from Becky's blog and am happy to meet you. I host and lead a quilt group here in my home once a month. It is such a rewarding thing to do. This group of 12 ladies have become like family to me. I plan a new theme each year and we just started this year's theme of making life into a medallion quilt. It is a very amazing and spiritual way to make a quilt. Tonight is our next meeting and I am so looking forward to seeing their center blocks completed. I am rambling on but to see what I mean you would have to stop by my needlework blog. I also have a home and garden blog. Welcome to the blogging world!

Hugs ~
Heidi

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi, Nice to read your new blog. I came over from Becky's where I love to check on her little scotty. Time just for the ladies? It is a necessity in life...retreats are good for the soul. Susan