Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Mom

My Mom - Doris

Mom as a little girl

Mom as a baby with her baby bonnet

My mom is such a blessing to our family. My husband and I are fortunate in the fact that she lives only about a mile from our house. She'll be 85 the end of May (sorry Mom!) and does not look like it or act like it. She has more energy than I have! Her name is Doris and we named our daughter after her. She's caring and giving, a friend to all. Every one that meets her thinks the world of her right away.

Mom as a teenager (isn't she pretty?)

Now you may be wondering about the song selection that I chose. As indicated in my previous post, I come from a country music background. Mom's favorite is Conway Twitty! To say he is her favorite is an understatement . I think she has every record he ever made and Hello Darlin' is her favorite.

Mom's Baby Dress

Mom, I love you more than I can ever express. I am so proud to be your daughter. This song is for you! And for all of you out there in blog land that have children I hope you have a blessed Mother's Day!

9 comments:

Tipper said...

What a lovely tribute to your mother!

Happy Mothers Day!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Jean, this is wonderful!! Your mother is a true delight and you are both very blessed to have each other. And you are right, she doesn't look her age nor acts like it - and both are wonderful!!

Enjoyed spending Mother's Day with you, too. Thank you for sharing your day with me!

xo
Becky

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Hope she and you had a wonderful day!☺

Susie said...

I'm here a bit late, but hope your Mother's Day was wonderful.
Delightful post about your Mom. You're very blessed to have each other.

Linda said...

Hi Jean, it was great meeting you yesterday! I'm glad you found some treasures, I did too. The WX Faire is one of my favorites...I hope you come up again.

What a lovely tribute to your mom,and what sweet treasues you have from her childhood. It's neat that she lives near by.

I have to agree Trae Adkin's is a cutie and can sing too.

Look forward to seeing you again....hugs, Linda

SweetAnnee said...

How totally awesome ..all those pics..and your mom look BEAUTIFUL!!

smiles to you, deena

Michelle said...

Jean,
It was so nice meeting you on Sunday. I hope you enjoyed the faire, we sure do!

Your mother is a beautiful woman..what a lovely tribute!

Michelle

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Jean, I love your tribute to your mom. She is a beautiful woman. I love her old pictures. You are lucky to live so close to her.
Terrie

joyh82 said...

That is so neat that you have your Mom's baby dress and have it framed. Nice tribute to you Mom.