Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2001

I'm sitting here trying to put into words exactly how I feel about this day in American history. I don't think words can truly reflect how I feel, how anyone feels who sat and watched what unfolded in front of our eyes on television that morning. My mom was staying with us at the time and we just sat, not really understanding what we were seeing. I just remember saying, "Mom! Those firefighters aren't going to get out! They shouldn't go in!" "Did we just see what I think we saw?"

Please remember to continue to pray for the families who lost loved ones that day. Pray for the rescuers and survivors who still live with the nightmare of what they experienced. Remember not only the victims of the Twin Towers, but also the Pentagon and those lost on Flight 93.

Since that horrible day not once has an attack of terrorism happened on American soil. Remember this when you go to the polls in November. Who wins this election is going to have a direct affect on military strength and our safety as a nation. One of the candidates wants to gut our military and put our nation at peril. The other knows that to have peace, you have to have strength and a strong military to guard that peace.


May God Bless America.


Turn off my music when you listen to this video, please.

This young man's name is Joe Cook. Thanks Joe from the bottom of this military Mom's heart!

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful post Miss Jean! Thanks for the reminder today. XOXO

ChaChaneen said...

Stop by my blog, I've got an award for you!

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful post. I will never forget that day. Please stop by I have something for you.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Jean, this is a lovely post. Never a day really goes by when I don't think about 9-11 and also our military and safety people who make continuing sacrifices for our Country.

Great video! Go REPS!

B

Unknown said...

Amen to you and your lovely comments. Thank you to all the military men and women and their families and GOD BLESS them all.