Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lest we forget...


We in the United States are celebrating Veteran's Day today. Whereas our Memorial Day is set aside to honor those who died in the line of duty and also to honor those veterans who are deceased, Veteran's Day is to thank and honor those living veterans who served in wartime and in peace.

My father and father-in-law, both deceased, served proudly in the Army during World War II. My Sweety and his brother served in the Army during the Viet Nam War, although they both served their tour of duty in Germany. Our son is presently an officer in the Navy and our daughter-in-law is an officer in the Air Force.

I know first hand the hard work, dedication and sacrifices our military personnel, past and present, have made and are making every day. They are my heroes. God bless them all!


2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Thank you for the reminder Miss Jean. And thanks to all your family for their service to our country!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Miss Jean, I loved your post. Please.. thank your family for serving our country. I have a lot of family in the military, too.
Hugs, Terrie