Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Field Trip

One of my Christmas traditions is to go out to a local nursery to buy my poinsettias. It's a little bit of a drive from here. I could go to the local grocery store to get them. But, oh my, is it ever worth the effort. I always get in the Christmas spirit after my visit. So I called my Mom and off we went....

That's mom pushing the cart so we can load up our plants.

It's magic beyond this door!

















I hope you are enjoying your holiday preparations. Don't forget to take the time to really enjoy the season.

**By the way, the name of the nursery is Duarte's Nursery in Hughson, which is just south of Modesto. Their primary business is bareroot fruit trees and grape stock. They open for business in the winter to sell poinsettias around the first weekend before Thanksgiving. If you live in the area I encourage you to visit them and to go early in the season.

8 comments:

Anne Sutton said...

Amazing is all I can say! I had no idea a place like this was around our area. Thanks for sharing!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I loved your tour. We have a very similar nursery approx. 2 miles form our home. They just don't compare to the grocery store.
Thanks for sharing!!!
Hugs, Terrie

BittersweetPunkin said...

They certainly are lovely...can you believe that I never have received nor have I purchased a Poinsettia at Christmas? Amazing isn't it? LOL

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful pictures Miss Jean! And so funny -- my mom and I went to a nursery this weekend too and took in all the poinsettias. We didn't buy, but they sure were beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love to decorate with Pointsettia's at Christmas. I love that they last through the winter so the house doesn't look so bare when the other decorations are packed away. Christmas blessings to you and your family.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I love Duarte's nursery! Looks like you and mom had a lovely time picking out your pretty plants. Great photos, too!

See you tomorrow!!! Oh, and with bells on, too! teee heee.

xo
Becky

Nicole said...

I have never seen such a gorgeous sight! If all one did was decorate with poinsettias, it would be just lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!

They are all absolutely Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

Donna