Friday, January 9, 2009

Guess What This Is and a reminder.....

Don't forget to go here and enter my caption contest. I will have the prizes posted by the end of the weekend, I promise! I'll be picking the winner on Maggie's birthday which is January 20th.

Can you guess what this is? No, it's not a piece of licorice! It's a piece of my drip irrigation tubing for my back yard. Maggie left it for me by the back door. AAACCCKKK!!! Friends keep telling me that Maggie will grow out of chewing everything in site. On the most part she has. No more chewed up shoes or quilts or pillows from the new couch! Oh, the stories I could tell you! But when is she going to leave the sprinkler system alone? This spring I will have to go out and repair it so I can water my back yard. Do you know how you do that? First you turn it on and go around and ascertain what needs repaired. Are you getting the picture? I have done this before and it is not a pretty site! I get soaking wet and covered with dirt. So much for "In the Garden With the Glamorous Miss Jean"!

If Maggie doesn't stop chewing my sprinklers, she's going to be part of the contest giveaway! Just kidding! I can do a lot of hand watering but I can't replace that sweet little dog. Somehow she weaseled herself right into my heart.

Have a wonderful weekend and kiss someone you love.

(P.S. Go here to meet Wilbur. I am not alone......)


7 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

awe...Maggie really didn't mean to chew the sprinkler up.....really....
Hugs,
Penny

John Going Gently said...

lovely scottie!
we have 2....
goood blog too!

Lallee said...

Jean, don't tempt me with a prize like that! I may start wishing she doesn't stop chewing :) But it will come. Hang in there and give her some good alternatives. I like the real bones you buy at the pet store. Stuff a little cheese or peanut butter inside. Mine often get them when we leave home--a good distraction.

Mumzie said...

Miss Jean,
Maggie is just going through her "growing up" period. Our Conner boy chewed up the sprinkler drip system several times and then one day he stopped. It was around his 2nd or 3rd birthday. He also did alot of digging up of plants, especially the Irish moss around our Red Maple tree. I planted and replanted that moss so many times, I finally filled the area in with rocks. Get her some good chew bones to keep her busy. The ones that worked for Conner were the soup bones with marrow in the middle. It kept him busy for hours. Perhaps Conner and Maggie can meet soon. Oh, my poor blog....I guess I'd better start doing something on it. Yvonne

MJMR said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Maggie sure is a beautiful little lady. Come back any time.
M

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

OOOOO....naughty little wee one. Hopefully she will stop soon. She is just like her big sister, Maude McFie! I do hope that it is not part of that line...if you know what I mean jelly bean. shhhh

love and hugs,
Becky

PS: Maggie can hang out here if you need a break. :O

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Jean, what a problem! Well, Maggie was just doign her best to weed out the garden , I am sure, and made a tiny opps! I wish we coudl get Maggie and together for a play date! Enjoy your new iron, I think you will find it to be a dream come true.