Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bunnies and Snowmen

When I was in the creating stage I wanted to have the perfect name for my blog. 'Fess up. I bet you all did a lot of thinking. I almost went with a bunny/rabbit theme. I collect bunny statues which are scattered around my back yard. So it was going to be Bunny Hutch or Rabbit Haven or some such. But I just couldn't do it. Why? Because one of my favorite quilt designers is the epitome of bunny-ness, Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. Now, I'm sure she would have not thought any infringement on her name. She's a dear, but I just couldn't do it. So I came up with In The Garden With Miss Jean. I'm a long time gardener and everyone calls me Miss Jean, which is explained here.

She designs the most wonderful and whimsical patterns with lots of rabbits and her favorite, snowmen. Last year she generously provided us all with a block of the month pattern which you could download off of her site for free. I say generous because she has wonderful block of the month patterns on her site that you can purchase. This one is free people! Free!!!



A Tisket A Tasket


Was that the end of it all? No! She's done it again! Starting this month she has created another block of the month pattern called Snowbound. Here is the first block. Can you get any cuter? She has made hers with Rural Jardin fabric from The French General. (Insert angels singing here!) This is a match made in heaven!!!!! The fabric will be available in quilt stores in March. Waiting, waiting, waiting........



So go here every month this year and click on the link on the side bar to download her new Snowbound patterns. You can download her A Tisket A Tasket blocks for a while longer, also. While you are there, check out all of her other patterns to purchase, including my obvious favorite, Bitsy Buttons and Friends.



Thanks, Anne! I guess all we need now is a snowman with rabbit ears........



7 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Ah that is CUTE! Very generous of her too and blessings to all who receive of it. BTW how ya doing on your project today?

Dawn said...

Those are so cute! I wish I could sew! I mean REALLY sew. I do a few staight lines here and there but not enough to know what I'm doing!
I guess I like instant gratification, more of a glue girl I guess!
Hugs,
Dawn

Brenda said...

Great! I'm going to go check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Linda said...

A trip once a month to this wonderful website has my notebook full of future blocks for this quilt. You also may be interested in her new pattern Bitsy Button & friends..a santa gift from my family. Can't imagine why?!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Wonderfully stated Miss Jean!!

Oh a snowman with bunny ears would be the cutest!! Anne's new FREE bom is going to be just as fun as last year!
Happy New Year! Carrie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh how cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...wonder if there will be a scottie in this batch.....

Thanks for sharing!

xx
b

Busy Little Quilter said...

I agree. Anne is so sweet for giving us these adorable patterns for free.