Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Update

*More good news. It's Thursday morning here and Jimmy is being discharged from the hospital as I write this! Please continue to pray for a speedy recovery and good biopsy results. Again, thank you to all of you and Praise the Lord!!!

I wanted to update all of you on my nephew's progress. He went through surgery just fine and is sitting and walking already. The tumor as well as the kidney has been removed and we are just waiting for the results of the biopsy from the surrounding area to come back. If there is any cancer found, the doctors feel they can go in and remove it and he'll be fine. Because of his other medical issue, he could have come out of the surgery paralyzed or unable to breathe on his own. So, needless to say, we are thrilled with his progress so far.

Continue to pray for his recovery and that no further cancer will be found. I sent my sister my blog link and she was just amazed and extremely grateful to you all for your prayers and kind words. She wanted me to thank each and every one of you. She's taking her phone up to the hospital today so she can show Jimmy as well. She's now a true believer that prayer works miracles. This has been very difficult for not only Jimmy, but his wife Marie and my sister, Judy, so please pray for them as well.

I thank you all for being there when we need you.

12 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Jean, this is wonderful news!! God is with your nephew each and every step of the way~!

Sending prayers and affection....

xo
Becky

Nicole said...

Great news! I am so glad to hear that the surgery went so well.

The Green Pea said...

Jean, I am so happy to hear that Jimmy is doing so well. I will keep the prayers a coming. I hope that her is home soon. He has a loving family and some new friends all praying for him. Thank you for the great update. Hugs to you, sandi

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

wonderful news jean! i will be praying for him....
hugs,
penny

Scooter said...

Jean
That is great news!! Prayer does help. We will remember him as he goes through with his recovery!!

Love
Diana and Jazzi

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Prayers and best wishes are winging their way from Minnesota for your newphew and family.

Mumzie said...

I will continue to pray for your nephew. Hugs for his family, Yvonne

Michele McLaughlin said...

God Bless and we will continue to pray for a speedy recovery....
hugs, Mickie

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

God is good and he knows the desires of our heart. This is fantastic news!!

(hugs)
Lynn

ChaChaneen said...

Praise the Lord!! That is fantastic news! Yahoo Jimmy!

The Strawberry Mallard said...

We are continuing to pray here Jean....sending you love and positive angel energy!!!!!
Love, Nancy, G-dog and Beckeroooo

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Jimmy and all of your family are in my prayers - Just catching up on your blog today - our first day home.