Saturday, June 4, 2011

Weekend Plans

It's been a long, stressful couple weeks here in Miss Jean's garden. My mom has had to have surgery again for skin cancer. All I can say is stay out of the sun and/or use sun screen!!!! Also, with school being out we have started watching the grandson's again for the summer. I love the little guys so much but there is always that adjustment period. Whew, I'm tired.

This weekend I had plans to work In The Garden which is very relaxing to me. I've been doing lots of planting lately and I have lots more to do.




I was going to get these planted....


....along with these. See anything unusual?




Yep, it's raining! Raining hard!! On June 4th! In central valley California!!! So I think I'll have to go to plan "B", which may just include a nap. I think I like that idea!!!!!

I hope you all have a restful, rejuvenating weekend so we can start all over again on Monday.


7 comments:

carol fun said...

Rain? In June? Unbelieveable! When I lived in Modesto I don't think it rained more than 10 times in 3 whole years and then only during the "winter" months. I'm sure the plants will enjoy it but the residents won't know what to make of it- crazy weather!

Deborah said...

Im your newest follower/friend.
So nice to have you drop by and visit my scotties!!

Deborah :)

The Green Pea said...

Well, it rain all day, did you nap all day??? Sounds like fun to me.
I think you will be able to nap tomorrow too! sandi

Nicole said...

Are you as sick of it as I am? Honest to Pete, will the rain never end? Hopefully we will see the sun this week.

Thimbleanna said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Miss Jean -- I hope everything will be ok!

The Strawberry Mallard said...

Miss Jean, take your well deserved nap, then watch for a little surprise in the mail...you won our giveaway!

XOXO
Becky, G-dog and their Ma!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Jean, send you mother my love and get well wishes. As for the rain, I love it. The flowers seem to thrive with it being so cool. Take time for yourself now.