Wednesday, September 28, 2011

With a Little Help From My Friends


I need some help and what better place to go than to my blog friends out there! Sweety and I are planning on driving back to Denver to visit our son. He's going to be leaving for overseas again next year so we want to make another trip back to visit him.

We are trying to coordinate our trip with some things we are having to take care of here on the homefront. We'll either be going in October or November. We'll be driving up Highway 80 across Nevada and Utah, hitting Highway 15 south in Salt Lake City and then on over to Colorado on Highway 70.

I need some advise from all you Nevada, Utah and Colorado bloggers out there. Would it be better to try to go in October or November weather wise? I know that the weather is unpredictable, but generally speaking.

Also, what are the must see places to see, must stop at restaurants to go to?

Thanks so much!!! I know I can count on my blogging friends!!!!!

(and, yes, Maggie is going too!!!)

2 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I can't give you a bit of advice, but if you let me know when you are going, I can cover you with my prayers.

xo
Lynn

Thimbleanna said...

Miss Jean! I want to go along too!!! I would certainly think October would be safer in case of early snows. And if you want a little scenic detour (and don't mind taking a little longer 'cause it's off the freeway), take I-15 south to around Springville. Then pick up Hwy 89. It will take you down through the Sanpete Valley and you'll be able to see lots of little farm towns nestled in between two mountain ranges. As a bonus, you'll be driving through the little town my parent grew up in (Manti) so I have a big 'ol soft spot for it. 89 then runs straight into 70 at Salina. I hope you have a wonderful trip!