Monday, November 21, 2011

Pulling the wool over our eyes!

We saw such beautiful country on our recent trip. Breath taking scenery from rivers to mountains to prairie land. On our way home we took Highway 89 north to Salt Lake City on the recommendation of my blog friend, Anna. It was such a beautiful drive through a valley resplendent with mountains, old towns full of historical houses and buildings and lots and lots of ranches and farms. A little something for everyone. I have a feeling that they get lots of snow in the winter, but the people who live there are warm and friendly. I only wish we could have taken more time to explore the area.

As we were driving along the traffic slowed down and then stopped. At first we though there was road construction. Then we spotted the sheep. A local rancher was moving the herd from one field to another. At least that's what I think he was doing. All we could do was sit and watch the parade go by.

It was actually a nice break from all the traffic and "modernness" in which we live in. A little throw back to simpler times.

We live in an area of California that is agricultural and the cities are encroaching on the farm land. Sometimes you will be driving and get behind a piece of farm equipment on the road (Listen to International Harvester by Craig Morgan!) and you can't go around it. Some people get impatient I know, but I don't. I like to sit back and relax, take a deep breath and appreciate being out of the rat race even if it's just for a little bit of time. Besides, the farmers and ranchers were all here before we were!!!

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Yep, that's Hwy 89 -- it's sheep or cows LOL. I love that drive, but I'm biased. I'm so glad you veered off the beaten path!

Joyce said...

Thank you for being so patient and understanding of the farmer just trying to do his job,we are farming here in the east and so many people just do not understand. Your pictures are beautiful, so glad your trip was nice.