Monday, February 10, 2014

The weather here has been crazy.  Saturday it was actually in the 40's.  Certainly a lot more balmy than we are used to lately.  Then it got really cold again.  When that happens, things start melting and then, BAM, they freeze.  I have a really nice patch of ice on the walk leading up to the house - water one day, ice the next.  I put a box with "ICE" written on it.  I was afraid I would go out in the morning to get the paper and find the delivery man on the ground.  We do have coach lights that stay on at night but I wanted to be careful.

I keep our flag flying all the time - yes there are lights on it at night.  I looked out at it this morning and it looked really strange - and shaggy.  At first I thought it was starting to ravel from the wind. 

Upon closer inspection I discovered they are what I'm calling "frost threads"!  I've never seen that before.  Have you?


We're constantly learning new things here where it snows!

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Those frost threads are unique! I don't think I've seen anything like it, either. I have seen frozen flags, though. Our weather is bouncing up and down here, as well. We aren't as cold as you, but still from 17 to 63 in one or two days is quite a change. I think everyone in this country is eager for Spring!