Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rocky Mountain High!

I'm back online. Well, almost. Not like I would like to be. So far we have me hooked up as the dedicated line and Sweety as wireless. I want to be wireless as I don't like - WIRES!!!!! I have a laptop and I want to be able to move around. Besides, my computer is in the family room and I don't like - WIRES!!!! Sweety has promised me he would work on it this week. But as some of you know, I'm fighting March Madness, otherwise known as "sitting all day watching basketball!" Hey, you've seen one game, you've seen them all! Te He!


I have a favor to ask all you out there that live in or near Colorado or have ever been to Colorado. (Coloradoites - Coloradoettes - Coloradians - Colorado People). Our son is in the military and has recently been transferred to Colorado. This is a big yea as this is the closest he has been stationed to us in YEARS!!!! We are so excited and planning on driving there to visit him and his lovely little wife sometime this spring . We went down to AAA and got the maps and tour guides and now we want to start planning our trip and would like to know:


A. Where would you recommend we go

B. What are your favorite destination points in Colorado

C. What are the restaurants that are "must visits" ala "Diners, Drive-In's and Dives"

D. Anything else you would recommend we do or not do

E. Any favorite places to stay

Thank you so much for your help.


Mommy! What do you mean I'm not going to Colorado with you? Doggone it!"


Now that I am back in action on my blog (keep your fingers crossed), I'll do some posts later this week to catch you up on what's been going on in Miss Jean's garden.

Ta Ta for now and have a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

Sherrill said...

If you get a chance, go through Durango and ride the train. If it's tourist time, you'll have to make advance reservations as it's very popular. A BEAUTIFUL ride!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

I lived in CO for 6 years! We moved to WA almost 3 years ago and we miss those mountains!! My hubby goes back every year to climb Pikes Peak.

We lived in Colorado Springs...what part of CO will you be in? Places to visit...Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Seven Falls, Manitou Springs (shopping)Old Colorado City...lots of lovely Inns there depending on where you will be staying..there's the very famous Broadmoor Hotel....pretty swanky...lots of museums and restaurants. If your destination is more specific I can be of more help...you can email me if you'd like via the link on my profile.

...and it's Coloradans...LOL

Thimbleanna said...

Ooohhhh, how exciting Miss Jean! I love that part of the country. My very favorite place in CO is Mesa Verde National Park -- those cliff dwellings are amazing!

Karen said...

I'm pretty close to a native, 30 years here :)
Garden of the Gods is nice. I also like Estes Park a lot, which is right up against Rocky Mountain National Forest. They have two or three quilt shops up there, and one of my favorites is Quilting Hands, in Lyons, on the way up.
The Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs is also a neat place to visit. The chapel is a popular attraction. http://www.usafa.af.mil/superintendent/hc/chapelpics/

As BittersweetPunkin said, depends on what you want to see. Lots of outdoor activities, sporting events (Coors Field - great baseball stadium), shopping (Cherry Creek)...

I hope you have a great trip!

Lydia said...

Sounds like you will be near Colorado Springs. Horseback riding through the Garden of the Gods is special. If weather allows, a bike ride down Pikes Peak would be spectacular. There is river rafting in-season outside of town. There is also a Benedectine Abbey which makes excellent Apple Wine. I buy some every year to smoke a turkey with. It is below the Royal Gorge Bridge- aka the first bridge to nowhere. Spectacular views. Schedule Dinner at the Broadmore once for the best steak or prime rib dinner in the state.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Your doggie is so cute.